The U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 Edition, reports the median probation, parole and juvenile probation officer salaries in California to be $75,780.
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
In California, there are 58 counties, and each county operates its own adult probation/juvenile probation departments. The Division of Adult Parole Operations and the Division of Juvenile Parole Operations operate independently.
Parole Officer Salary – Adult and Juvenile
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation utilizes this salary scale for both adult parole officers and juvenile parole officers. Multiple:
Parole Agent I (Adult Parole) and Parole Agent I (Youth Authority):
- $60,396 to $69,900 (1-5 years)
- $63,420 to $73,392 (6-10 years)
- $73,140 to $88,824 (11-15 years)
- $73,380 to $84,996 (16-20 years)
- $76,800 to $93,264 (21-25 years)
- $77,052 to $89,244 (26-30 years)
Parole Agent II (Adult Parole) – Specialist and Parole Agent II (Youth Authority) – Specialist:
- $80,232 to $97,452 (1-10 years)
- $84,240 to $102,324 (remainder of career)
Parole Agent II (Adult Parole) – Supervisor and Parole Agent II (Youth Authority) – Supervisor:
- $86,244 to $104,772
Parole Agent III (Adult Parole) and Parole Agent III (Youth Authority):
- $90,420 to $109,920
Probation Officer Salary – Adult and Juvenile
Below are some salary figures released by the U.S. Department of Labor for probation officers and juvenile probation officers in California.