Probation Officer Career in Maui County, Hawaii

In Maui County, part of Hawaii’s Second Judicial District, probation officers may be called upon to work with probationers living in Maui, Molokai, Lanai or Kahoolawe. Probation officer jobs in Maui County often involve traveling back and forth to the neighboring islands to provide services to the probationers located there.

Featured Programs:
Sponsored School(s)
Sponsored Content

Qualifications for Probation Officer Jobs in Maui County

  • Current Hawaii driver’s license
  • United States citizenship, or eligibility for employment in the U.S. and a Hawaiian resident, or become a resident within 30 days of initial employment
  • Successfully pass a criminal history background clearance
  • Education background must meet one (1) of the following accomplishments:

A. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 credit hours in a social science
B. Bachelor’s degree in social work
C. Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, including courses in, counseling, probation, parole, correctional administration, and abnormal psychology
D. Master’s degree in social work (plus one year of professional experience in social work)
E. Master’s degree in criminal justice administration (plus extensive experience in corrections and welfare)
F. Doctorate degree in social work (with emphasis in corrections)
G. Doctorate degree in criminal justice administration

How to Apply for a Job as a Probation Officer in Maui County

Here are some general guidelines and tips to become a probation officer in Maui County:

Sponsored Content
  • Search the Hawai`i State Judiciary website for active employment listings with job titles such as “Probation Officer” or “Social Worker III-IV (Probation Officer)” for Maui, Molokai, Lanai or Kahoolawe.
  • The State of Hawaii’s Recruiting Office encourages job applicants to apply for jobs online.
  • Applicants will fill out applications completely and submit them along with official college transcripts. (Those selected for employment will be required to submit an official transcript to confirm degrees and courses.) Transcripts may be attached electronically, mailed or hand-delivered to the Hawaii State Judiciary, Human Resources Department.

Back to Top