In 2012, the median probation, parole and juvenile probation officer salary in Massachusetts was reported by the U.S. Department of Labor to be $64,290.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Justice Studies and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Corrections, and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
In Massachusetts, probation/parole services are handled separately for juveniles and adults, and are enforced by the following agencies:
- Massachusetts Parole Board, Executive Office of Public Safety (adult parole)
- Massachusetts Trial Court, Office of the Commissioner of Probation (adult probation)
- Massachusetts Department of Youth Services (juvenile parole)
Juvenile probation, however, is handled by the juvenile courts, although there is oversight by the Commissioner of Probation.
According to the State of Massachusetts, Human Resources Division, the starting probation officer salary is $52,433.83, which applies to juvenile probation officers as well.
Below you will find some of the salaries throughout Massachusetts for adult probation officers, parole officers and juvenile probation officers, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics: